الجمعة، 28 أغسطس 2009

Side Dish For Roti/Chapati

I wanted to send some side dishes something different from I usually make, for our Viki’s event..So I’ve given three distinct entremets that goes very well with chapati/roti.. All these 3 side dishes are very easy to make. Do give a shot !

POTATO – CAPSICUM CURRY 
I learnt this from my friend Shalini..Normally I dont make dry curries for chapati.My husband likes to have gravies more than dry curries..So i was a little hesitant to do this.But my friend was telling for a long time..At last i tried yesterday along with an easy tomato gravy for safer side....But we liked it very muchThumbs-up…Iwill make it more often.Thanks to ShaluBig Hug..This can be made in a jiffy..I took just 15 mins to finish including the cutting part.
Ingredients :
  • Potato – 2 nos (Cut into finger size)
  • Capsicum – 1/2 no (-do-)
  • Big onion – 2 nos
  • Channa masala – 1 tsp (I used a local brand )
  • Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp (optional, I used )
  • Salt – as needed.
  • Oil – 1 tbsp
  • Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
  • Water – Very little .
Method :
  • Cut the above said veggies and set aside.
  • Heat a kadai with oil and add  mustard seeds.
  • Once it splutters  , add the chopped  potato , capsicum & onion.
  • Saute till they are half cooked.
  • Then add the channa masala powder , salt & pepper powder.Mix it well and saute for a minute.
  • Sprinkle little water and cover cook it for 2 mins.
  • Open the lid and mix well (Take care it should not get burnt )
  • Sprinkle some more water if necessary.
  • Cover cook till its done.
Remove & serve hot with chapathi.
potato bataka


EASY TOMATO GRAVY
This gravy is my own experimentationCool.I tried with some combinations & it came out very well.This gravy tastes good not only for chapati but also for idly ,dosa..Hope u all will try and leave a note to me :)

Ingredients 
  • Ripe Tomato – 3 nos (I used small ones..Finely chopped )
  • Big onion – 1 no (Slice cut )
  • Salt & water – as needed
  • Oil – 2 tsp
To grind :
  • Coconut – 1 Pointer finger size piece
  • Fried gram dal /Pottukadalai – 1 tsp
  • Green chilly – 1 no (adjust , add more )
  • Cinnamon /Pattai – 1 small stick
  • Cloves – 2 nos
  • Water – as needed.
To Temper :
  • Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
  • Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
  • Channa dal – 1/2 tsp
  • Curry leaves – a few
To garnish :
  • Coriander leaves – a  few.
Method :
  • Heat a kadai with oil and temper with ingredients given under “to temper “.
  • Then add the onion slices & finely chopped tomato pieces.
  • Saute well till the tomato becomes mushy.
  • Add little water and cover cook till onions get cooked.
  • In the mean time , grind all the ingredients given under “to grind” with water to make it a smooth paste .Set aside
  • Once the onions get cooked , add the ground masala with required water.
  • Add the salt and let the gravy boil for sometime and gets thicken.
  • Finally garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot !!
EASY TOMATO GRAVY 1


FRIED GRAM DAL , COCONUT POWDER 
I learnt this from my MIL.I am sure Kids would love this to have with chapathi & poori.I too prepared this for my kid i.e... My husband Wink . People with sweet tooth can surely give this a try.I used sugar here..If u wish , u can replace with jaggery.Both tastes good.

Ingredients:
  • Fried gram dal /Pottu kadalai – 1 fistful
  • Coconut – 1 finger size piece or 2 tsp of grated coconut
  • Sugar – 2-3 tsp
  • Cardamom – 1 no
Method :
  • In  a mixie , add coconut , cardamom and fried gram..Run it  twice or thrice to make a powder.
  • Finally add the sugar and run it once.
  • Remove & serve !!

FRIED GRAM DAL , COCONUT POWDER


Have a nice weekend Wave

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق