السبت، 27 مارس 2010

Samosa Recipe

I am a big fan of samosa.Whenever  I visit chat shops /Bakeries or theaters, I have a samosa without fail. I really wanted to try triangular shaped cripsy samosas for a long time. After seeing this post ,I got the confidence to prepare samosa recipe at home.Thanks a lot sailu for giving clear step by step pics.I tried my own by making slight changes in the actual recipe.It came out very well.I just relished it with tomato sauce.I am posting this delectable samosa for u all and for my future reference ..
SAMOSA

Ingredients :
For dough :
  • Maida – 1 cup
  • Rava / Semolina – 1 tsp
  • Ice cold water – As required
  • Salt – As needed.
  • Baking soda – a pinch (optional)
  • Jeera – 1/2 tsp
For stuffing :
  • Potato – 4 nos (Boiled and mashed)
  • Green peas – 1/2 cup (cooked)
  • Big onion – 2 nos (finely chopped)
  • Ginger & garlic paste -  1 tsp
  • Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
  • Coriander powder – 1.5 tsp
  • Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
  • Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
  • Coriander leaves – a few (chopped )
  • Lemon juice – a few drops
  • Salt – As required.
  • Oil – 2 tbsp
Method :
  • Knead the dough with the above said ingredients and keep it closed with a wet cloth for 20 mins.
  • Prepare the stuffing by keeping  a kadai with oil.
  • Add the onions, G& G paste and saute well till raw smell disappears.
  • Then add the spices given in the same order and mix well.
  • Finally add the crumbled potato pieces and green peas.
  • Add the required salt and mix well to become a whole mass.
  • Add water if necessary.Switch off the flame and add the lemon juice & coriander leaves.Remove the stuffing and set aside.
  • Take the dough and make small balls of equal size.
  • Shape it as given here and fill the stuffing.
  • Make the samosas and deep fry both sides till golden brown.
Enjoy with tomato ketchup / sauce.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق