الثلاثاء، 15 مارس 2011

BADAM KHEER / ALMOND KHEER

I wanted to try this kheer for a long time.Yesterday i prepared this for my hubby,. I refrigerated the kheer ,thawed & had it .So it was slightly warm not very cool.The taste was awesome. We loved it..I referred so many blogs for the recipe and finally came out with my version.Picture dint come out good :(
Badam kheer 1

INGREDIENTS
  • Almond –15 nos (**Blanched)
  • Milk – 1/2 litre ( I used low fat milk )
  • Sugar – 3 - 4 tbsp
  • Hot Water – 1/2 cup ( to soak almonds)
  • Saffron threads – A few (soak in little warm water before use )
  • Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp ( Optional. I used it )
METHOD
  • Soak almonds in hot water for 10-15 mins.
  • The skin comes out easily. Peel the skin and blanch the almonds.
  • Grind it to a smooth paste adding little milk.
  • In  a broad pan, heat the milk. When the milk starts to boil, add the almond paste and simmer the flame.
  • The milk has to boil for 20-25 mins and the quantity gets reduced .
  • By this time, the raw smell of almond also disappears and  milk gets thickened slightly.
  • Now add the required sugar and mix well.
  • Allow it to boil for 5 mins.
  • Finally add the saffron milk. The color of the kheer gets changed .
  • Add cardamom powder if necessary.
Refrigerate & serve chill or enjoy it warm. The choice is urs !!

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق