الثلاثاء، 23 أغسطس 2011

Ginger Chutney For Idli, Dosa - Inji Chutney


I got this recipe from my friend.It tastes good with idli / dosa. My MIL used to tell me the numerous health benefits of ginger. So i started using ginger in my daily cooking. Once in a week i make thogayal / pachadi / chutney with ginger.Do try this chutney , i am sure u'll love it.

INGREDIENTS

To roast in oil
  • Ginger - Thumb finger size
  • Red chilly - 2 nos (reduce to one if u want less spicy)
  • Grated coconut - 2 tbsp
  • Chana dal - 1 tbsp
  • Urad dal - 1.5 tbsp
  • Tamarind - small berry size
  • Cooking oil - 1 tbsp
  • Salt & water - as required
To temper (  I couldn't temper as i was in a hurry . But I suggest u all to do this step )
  • Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
  • Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
  • Curry leaves - few
METHOD
  • Chop the ginger into small pieces.
  • Heat a kadai with a tsp of oil and saute the ginger pieces,dals and red chillies.
  • Finally add the grated coconut,salt & tamarind.Fry for a minute.
  • Grind everything into a smooth paste.Temper all the items given above.
Enjoy with idli / dosa topped with sesame oil.


ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق