الثلاثاء، 3 يوليو 2012

ASSAM TEA


ASSAM TEA
I love to try varieties of tea. Ginger tea is my favourite among all.I came across this recipe in “Aval vikatan “ magazine.The original recipe is shared by Mrs.Revathi shanmugam.This title attracted me &I tried on the same day .I loved its flavor. The addition of cloves gives a nice aroma. Do try this. U’ll love it.

INGREDIENTS
1 cup - 200ml
  • Fresh milk – 1/2 cup
  • Water – 1/2 cup
  • Tea powder – 1.5 – 2 tsp ( based on the color & strength u need)
  • Ginger – 1 inch piece( 1 tbsp)
  • Cardamom – 2 no
  • Cloves – 2 nos
  • Sugar – 1.5 tsp or as needed.

METHOD
  • Crush ginger , cardamom and cloves together.
  • Boil the milk along with water , tea powder, sugar and crushed spices for 5 mins in low flame.
  • U’ll get a nice color. Strain it and serve !!

Tips:
  • For variations, try adding  a piece of cinnamon along with spices.
  • For spiced chai or masala chai , add 1/8 tsp of ground black pepper corns.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق