الأربعاء، 12 سبتمبر 2012

PULI MILGAI RECIPE | PULI MILAGAI PACHADI

puli pachadi

Yesterday my parents visited me after so many months. I had a great time with them.I was craving to eat my mom’s food for long time.So I told my mom to prepare this puli pachadi which is the best accompaniment for dal rice/paruppu sadam.Some people call this as Puli milagai thokku. I also had this by mixing in plain rice adding sesame oil.It tasted like puliodharai.I have tried this  as a side dish for ven pongal too. Lovely combination it is!!...When I was pregnant my mom had made this ‘n’ number of times for me as I wanted something tangy those days Winking smile . Yesterday dal, pachadi ,rasam & tindora fry was our lunch. It was yummy .Thank u amma Smile.This pachadi can be stored for 3-4 days when refrigerated. Lets see Puli Milagai preparation below.

INGREDIENTS
For 2-3 people
  • Tamarind – Big gooseberry size
  • Green chillies – 3 –4 nos (increase if u want more spicy)
  • Sambar onion – 10 nos ( chop finely)
  • Hing/ asafetida – 2 generous pinches
  • Salt & water – as needed
To temper:
  • Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
  • Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
  • Curry leaves – a few
METHOD
  • Soak tamarind in water for 15 mins.Take the extract and set aside.
  • Slit the green chillies and chop them into pieces.Chop the onions.
  • In a kadai , heat oil and temper with mustard , urad dal , curry leaves.
  • Now add the chopped onions and green chillies.
  • Saute well and then add the tamarind extract.
  • Add the required salt & hing. Let it boil for few mins.
  • When it gets thicken, switch off the flame and transfer to a serving bowl.
Enjoy with dal rice !!

puli pachadi

NOTE
  • As the green chillies absorb all the tanginess, we usually eat it along with onions .So i chopped them finely and used here.
  • If u r making for kids , just slit the chillies , cook and remove while eating..
  • Please add more hing as it gives the flavour for this dish.


ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق