الأربعاء، 21 نوفمبر 2012

SATHU MAAVU | HEALTH MIX POWDER RECIPE


SATHU MAAVU NEW
Health mix powder may not be new to u. Everybody will have their own recipe with the combo of grains and nuts. I  make it very simple with just 5 ingredients. I got this recipe from my friend swarna. I make porridge using this powder with salt & curd for my daughter. She loves this a lot.Even I too have this porridge at the time of fasting. My daughter was very lean and she was getting infected by cold and cough very often. My friend suggested me to give this porridge to gain weight & immunity.Now my daughter is feeling better and she has gained weight considerably.I started giving this porridge to her at the age of 2. My friend told this can be given for 10 months baby too but in small amount. I use 2 tbsp of this powder to make porridge for my daughter’s breakfast which is very filling for her..If u r planning to make for infants/ kids , do try with small amount say 1 tsp , make it watery first , then slowly increase the quantity and thickness.In the initial stages, i used to add more dal and rice compared to other ingredients. Nowadays i am using this proportion to make the powder in large quantity and store in an air tight box for 3 months.Click here for my version of sathu maavu dosa for adults if u r interested..
INGREDIENTS

  • RICE ( PUZHUNGAL ARISI / STEAMED RICE ) – 1 CUP
  • WHOLE WHEAT – 1 CUP
  • YELLOW MOONG DAL – 1/2 CUP
  • RAGI / FINGER MILLET – 1/4 CUP
  • FRIED GRAM DAL/ POTTUKADALAI – 1/4 CUP

METHOD

  • Dry roast all the ingredients in a kadai one by one in medium flame till nice aroma arises..
  • No need to roast the fried gram dal, just add it to the other hot , roasted ingredients , mix well and allow it to cool..
  • Allow it to cool and grind in mill. After the powder cools down , store it in an air tight box.
  • Transfer the required amount of powder in a small box for daily use .Handle with a clean spoon..It stays good for months.

sathu maavu NEW1

NOTE

  • For infants , dry roast rice and dal alone in 2:1 ratio , powder it in small quantity and make porridge using 1 tsp of this powder with salt or sugar by adding lots of water or milk.. When it suits ur kid , start to increase the amount gradually..
  • Slowly introduce ragi & wheat to the powder and practice them..
  • At the age of 2 u can follow the above said measurements…

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق