الجمعة، 18 يناير 2013

IDLI MILAGAI PODI | IDLI PODI RECIPE WITH GARLIC


IDLI MILGAI PODI

I love idli podi a lot and that too with sesame seeds. But my husband & my daughter likes idli podi with garlic.I learnt this recipe from my mom.When i was in school and college, i used to carry mostly idlies or dosas with this podi for lunch . I love to eat this more than rice varieties. My doter is also the same like me Winking smile. I’ll soon post my favourite sesame seeds/ Ellu version with dal Smile. Please refer notes section for variations..

INGREDIENTS
1 cup - 250ml
  • White round urad dal – 1/2 cup
  • Chana dal – 1/4 cup
  • Red chillies – 15-20 nos
  • Hing/Asafetida – 1/4 tsp
  • Garlic cloves – 12 nos (Peel the skin & chop into small pieces)
  • Salt – As needed
  • Cooking oil – 2 tsp

METHOD
  • Heat a kadai with 2 tsp of oil and roast the dals adding hing till u get a nice color & aroma..Remove the dals and in the same kadai , roast the red chillies. Keep on roasting the dals & chillies in medium flame to get it done correctly..Make sure u don’t burn them.
  • Once everything cools down , grind it to a coarse powder running twice. Then add the salt & peeled ,chopped garlic pieces.Grind it again to make a slightly coarse powder. ( please do not grind it nicely. U should get some urad dal pieces while eating Smile)..
  • Store in an air-tight box and enjoy with idli/dosa !

Garlic flavoured idli podi is ready !! Add sesame oil while serving.
IDLI PODI PLATE

NOTE
  • Adjust the amount of red chillies based on ur taste.
  • Garlic pieces will be ground well even when u add at the end. If u want u can add it along with dals & red chillies.
  • My mil makes the same podi adding hing alone. It also tastes good. Try for variation.Add more hing when u try this version.
  • Sometimes i add few curry leaves while frying the dals which gives a nice flavour.


ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق