الأحد، 1 سبتمبر 2013

No Croutons Required - The Winners for August and the Theme for September

no croutons required

The challenge for August was to come up with a soup or salad showcasing seasonal ingredients. No matter where you reside on this mighty globe, there are plenty of ideas to choose from and many that you will probably want to bookmark. We have two winners this month and both of these salads make good use of seasonal offerings and look and sound fantastic. I'm not sure which one I will try first.

Janet's Peach and Hemp Salad with a Creamy Balsamic Hummus Dressing has me wanting dinner for breakfast. I can't resist the idea of a hummus dressing smothering all the goodness on this platter.

peach and hummus salad

Tahini certainly was a popular ingredient this month. Our other winner is Brittany who made us this lovely Tahini-Dressed Zucchini and Green Bean Salad. Not only is it pretty, it's certainly good for you too. Maybe I'll have this one for breakfast. So hard to choose.

tahini salad

Congratulations ladies.

I will be hosting the September 2013 edition of No Croutons Required. After some thought, I have decided to go with mushrooms. We have featured mushrooms in the past for this long running event, but both Jac and I adore various varieties of shrooms so much, I figured we would shout out for more mushroom recipes - you never can have enough ideas. September also happens to be National Mushroom month in the US. As every month, and every week for that matter, is an excuse to celebrate mushrooms in my kitchen, this food month only just serves as a springboard for culinary ideas and inspiration for those of you who wish to take up the challenge.

All you need to do to participate is come up with a soup or salad that showcases the earthy goodness of mushrooms of any variety, post about it on your blog, mentioning I am the host this month with a link to this announcement, and submit your recipe via the linky tool at the end of this post by the 20th of the month. Please note that only one entry per blogger will be accepted and it must be vegetarian friendly. We look forward to your delicious creations.



ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق