الجمعة، 22 نوفمبر 2013

No Croutons Required - Inspiration from other bloggers

Well, what can I say? The roundup is super short, and that is a disappointment but I don't think you will be disappointed by the recipes that I am about to share. The challenge this month was to submit a recipe inspired by another blogger. I think perhaps us cooks get overwhelmed with the amount of recipes we bookmark from cookbooks, fellow bloggers and the net. Personally, I have trouble figuring out a meal plan sometimes because of all the choices and ideas I cook up when I can't sleep. Thanks to Janet and Johanna for submitting their mouthwatering creations.

Let's start with Janet of The Taste Space who serves up this divine Thai Sweet Potato and Kabocha Squash Stew that was inspired by Joanne Eats Well With Others. Roasted squash and sweet potato comes together with onion, garlic, red curry paste, coconut milk, white beans, peas, soy sauce and a bit of sweetener. I can't wait to try this one as I adore Thai flavors. Certainly a balanced bowl of bliss.

Thai Sweet Potato and Squash Soup

Johanna of Green Gourmet Giraffe is up next with this lovely and nourishing Curried Red Lentil and Apricot Soup. This recipe is inspired by Janet of The Taste Space. Onion, a good amount of garlic, ginger, curry powder, sieved tomatoes, red lentils, apricots, coconut milk and coriander all come together here in this soup that would just be perfect anytime of year or day. Delicious.

curried lentil soup with apricots

As it turns out, I was also inspired by one of Janet's recipes that I had bookmarked for a while and just had to try and I surely am glad I did. I made a Sweet Potato and Hummus Soup that I spiced up. Why I hadn't thought to add hummus to a soup before is a mystery, but it was one fine comforting soup. Spicy sweet potato hummus is included in a soup with onions, carrots, almond milk, tomato, some curry powder, cayenne and lime. I was rather sparing with the spices that went into the soup because my hummus had a good kick to it.

hummus soup

Jacqueline will be hosting the December edition of No Croutons Required. Check back at the beginning of the month for the theme.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق