الثلاثاء، 12 مايو 2009

Sweet Pidi Kozhukattai Recipe - Chitra Pournami Recipes



I prepared this kozhukatai on Chitra pournami day and offered to God along with raw mango pachadi , panagam and neer mor.I am very happy,i tried this kozhukattai on my own for the first time.So far my aunty(MIL) was there with me and she used to make all these and i was just a listener.Now my in-laws are in my native,so i was in a position to do it..Thank God, it turned out so well..It dint break,,it was very soft as i expected :)

Ingredients
1 cup - 200ml
  • Rice flour – 2 cups
  • Powdered jaggery – 1 cup
  • Water – 1to 1.5 cups
  • Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
  • Grated coconut –1/4 cup
Method
  • Heat a pan with 1cup of water and add the powdered jaggery to it.Let it melt and strain the impurities if any
  • The syrup starts to boil and becomes frothy.Now add the grated coconut,cardamom powder along with rice flour.
  • Mix well till it becomes like a chapati dough.If the water is not sufficient,add little hot water..(keep the hot water ready before this step).First I used 3/4 cup of water to make the syrup,then I added 1/4 cup of hot water.If u feel the water is more,add rice flour..No problem:) .Now remove from the flame and let it cool.
  • Grease the idly maker plates with gingely oil .
  • Make oval shaped balls with the dough and just press it with ur fingers.(U can get an idea by looking at the picture)
  • Steam it in the idly maker as u make idlies..
Sweet pidi kozhukkatai is ready!!

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق