الاثنين، 24 فبراير 2014

GUJARATI THALI-Dal,Sev Tamatar Curry,Kadhi,Green Chilli Pickle

Gujarati-thali-recipes

In the above picture,I have plated Rice,Methi thepla,Moong Dal khichdi,Dahi kadhi,Gujarati Sev Tameta nu Sak / Sev and Tomato Curry,Green chilli pickle,Masala chaas,Oven roasted papad & curd.
Gujarati recipes were in my try list for long time.As i had bookmarked Gujarati Kathiyawadi thali from Ezcookbook,i thought of trying them and share it for their event.Last weekend, i prepared all these recipes for the first time and everything came out very well.In this post,i have shared the recipes of few dishes.I’ll make a separate post for Sukhdi/Gud papdi,Khichdi and Masala chaas recipe.For this thali,i chose simple and authentic Gujarati recipes that needs very less chopping,less oil and moreover all these are No onion No garlic No coconut recipesSmile with tongue out.I took nearly one hour  30 minutes to prepare them. I followed my own recipe for thepla.While cooking,i found Hing and Jaggery are widely used in all their dishes.Most of them are tomato based gravies.Thank u Ishita for these wonderful recipes.We thoroughly enjoyed Gujarati food in my home Smile.

Gujarati-food

Gujarati thali


Gujarati thali Gujarati recipes - Methi thepla,Dal khichdi,Dahi kadhi,Gujarati Sev Tameta nu Sak / Sev and Tomato Curry ,Green chilli pickle,Masala chaas and Oven roasted papad. 
Cuisine: Indian
Category: Lunch
Serves: Serves 2
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Cook time: 70 Minutes
Total time: 90 Minutes

Gujarati dal tasted mildly sweet.I have used peanuts in this recipe which was the highlight.The crunchy peanuts while eating gives a nice taste.So do not avoid Peanuts when u try this recipe.The consistency of dal should be slightly watery than punjabi dal as Ishita mentioned. But i made it thicker to suit my family’s taste.We loved it!

Gujarat-dal-recipe

Tamatar sev curry was a nice combo for thepla.It was mildly tangy and addition of sev made it more tasty.I used MTR Sev, store bought ones.It was slightly thicker than the usual sev.We had this curry as an accompaniment for curd rice too Smile..

Tamatar-sev-curry

I prepared Kadhi  as an accompaniment for moong dal khichdi.It was very nice.We also had this  mixing with plain rice and roasted papad.

Dahi-kadhi-recipe

Last but not the least,here comes my dish,Green chilli pickleWinking smile.I made it specially for me as Sendhil is not fond of pickles.It had a very different taste.As i tasted it instantly,i felt it more spicy.I think it will take another 3-4 days to get soaked and for the flavour to get balanced.I had it with curd rice and thepla.It was yummy.

Green-chilli-pickle

I'll share the remaining recipes in my future posts :)
Enjoy making Gujarati thali in ur home.U’ll love its taste  Smile
Gujarati-lunch-menu


Very good recipes Tags: , , , ,

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق