الخميس، 9 يوليو 2015

Naan Recipe Without Yeast On Stove Top-How To Make Naan In Tawa

Recent days my friends and some of my regular readers are suggesting me to post more North Indian Recipes in Chitra’s Food Book.Some of my close friends have started scolding me too for not sharing recipes from other cuisines and baking recipes in my blog these daysTongueYes,they are right.Last year I shared many recipes from other states.But this year I am concentrating more of South Indian and that too Tamil nadu based recipes more than recipes from various cuisines.As my blog is known for varieties among the people, I don’t want to disappoint my readers and well wishers of this blog.Hence I have planned to share some North Indian,baking and recipes from other cuisine at least twice in a week.Hope I will follow this sincerely and post some best recipes hereHappy.To begin with, today I have shared North India’s most popular flat bread recipe-Naan.Naan is loved by all irrespective of ages.In my family,Sendhil likes garlic naan and my vote is for butter naan with varieties of side dish in restaurants.Recently my friend Shalini shared this yeast free naan recipe learning from her Anni.This recipe has no yeast,no butter,no ghee too.It comes out really soft and stays good for an hour.Sendhil loved it very much and gave a thumbs upHappy.So lets see how to make soft naan at home without tandoor or oven easily.
If you are curious to know the difference between Naan and Kulcha,please check this post.



Naan recipe


Naan recipe Naan recipe - How to make soft naan at home without tandoor or oven
Cuisine: North Indian
Category: Dinner
Serves: 7 nos
Prep time: 120 Minutes
Cook time: 2 Minutes
Total time: 122 Minutes


INGREDIENTS
1 cup = 200 ml
  • Maida/All purpose flour - 1 cup
  • Milk powder 2 tbsp ( I used Amul)
  • Cooking soda - 1/4 tsp
  • Sugar - 1/4 tsp
  • Baking powder – 1/4 tsp (optional)
  • Curd + milk - 1/3 cup ( use equal quantity of milk and curd )
  • Salt - as needed
  • Warm Water – use only if needed
  • Cooking oil - 1 tbsp ( to apply over the dough while kneading)
METHOD
  • Take the maida in a wide bowl and mix milk powder,salt,sugar,cooking soda to it. Mix them well.Make a dent in the center and add equal quantity of milk and fresh curd( make sure curd is not too sour)
  • Mix everything well and make a crumbly mixture.Add few drops of water only if needed and make a dough.The dough would be very sticky.Don’t panic.Just make it and cover with a wet cloth for 1-2 hours minimum.You can keep it maximum up to 10 hours.The more time it stays,the more soft naan.
  • After the resting time,apply 1 tbsp of oil all over the dough and knead it using your palms for 5 minutes or till the dough becomes non-sticky and crack free.If you keep kneading patiently,the dough will become elastic and soft.

  • Make small lemon sized balls from the dough and dust it with maida.Roll it into oblong shape or round and pull the edges to bring the shape.Apply water in one side of the rolled naan.
  • Heat a dosa tawa and put the water applied side on the tawa.So the water side is facing the tawa.As soon as you put the tawa,bubbles will appear on top of naan.
  • Take the naan using a tong and show the other side directly in high flame.Cook it till golden brown spots appear all over the naan.Remove and brush the naan with butter or oil immediately.Serve hot with your favorite side dish.

Enjoy !
Note
  • You can also add 1/4 tsp of baking powder to get a bulgy naan but I din’t add.
  • I rolled the naan slightly thin as per my family’s taste.
  • You can also add warm milk.But do not use very sour curd.
  • Add water only if needed.Even then it may require only few drops.So be careful while adding water.
  • Use oil while kneading.Initially the dough will be sticky.But when u knead for 5-10 minutes,it will become non-sticky and soft.


Serve this soft naan with your favorite side dish.I served with paneer pasanda Happy 

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق